Friday, June 24, 2011
Let's not pretend we don't. Ladies, being pregnant is awesome and wonderful and magical and all that crap (y'know, most of the time). But the thing it isn't (and that we aren't) is perfect. So which of the pregnancy rules do you break?
I'll start with my own confessions, and then I'd love to hear yours!
- I have only baked a couple times since getting pregnant, but I by god ate some of the batter. Yep, that's right - raw egg city. Know what affect it had on the baby? He danced. I think I'm gonna like this kid.
- Sometimes, when my neck is hurting and my arms are numb and I cannot take it anymore no matter how many pillows I pile around me, I'll sleep on my back for awhile. As someone who usually sleeps on her back ALL the time, the whole side-sleeping waking up in a puddle of drool thing is one of the things I'll be happiest to say good-bye to in a few months. Bring on the back sleeping full time!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
I met Wes, we went in, excited, ready to see the baby and... Nooblet had his arms and legs in front of his face and remained turned toward my spine the whole time. I walked around, she jiggled my stomach all over, we talked to him and he barely wriggled. Last night, I was literally WATCHING him dance around in my stomach and today? Nap time.
The sonogram tech did her best, but shooting through arm, she was only able to get so much detail. This is our best shot (carefully captioned so you guys can figure out what you're looking at). Hopefully the second one in July will be slightly more productive. If nothing else, it was entertaining, and any little glimpse is still a lot of fun.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
- I didn't really have much morning sickness. I threw up a few times early in the second trimester, but that was it and will hopefully remain it. Yay!
- No swelling so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays pretty mild for me on that.
- My heartburn has been epic. I have bad heartburn anyway, so without my daily medication and being limited to Tums, it's been killing me. And, no, what I eat doesn't really matter. I can NOT have eaten for hours and randomly start in with the heartburn. I'm special like that.
- So far my weight gain has been good. My midwife hasn't bitched at me at all (not that she seems like the type - she's very, very nice). I'm only supposed to gain 15lbs, though, since I was slightly over in terms of BMI to begin with, so we'll see how that goes. That said, I'm trying to eat pretty well and succeeding for the most part, so hopefully...
- My favorite part is feeling the wriggling. It's very cool to be sitting around and suddenly feel Nooblet start to wiggle around and kick and whatever. It's a lot more real in those moments, and I absolutely love them.
- Being rounder than ever before and feeling comfortable wearing tighter than normal tops and stuff ROCKS. Seriously. If you're pregnant, show that stuff off. It feels amazing. Don't hide your belly! It's pretty! And even if your arms are chubby or whatever, no one's gonna notice because they'll totally be checking out your belly. Win win.
- I get ridiculously excited every time I get to have a sonogram. I get to SEE Nooblet! Our first 3D sono is next Tuesday, and I can't wait!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Tara Guerard Baby Shower, originally uploaded by FrontPorchStudio.
Since some of you have asked about where we are registered, I thought it might help to have a run down of all the locations here. As a general note, the nursery is going to be an undersea/ocean theme. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. There are repeats across the registries because we know it's more convenient for some people to shop in one particular location or another.
And, no, we won't be offended if you can't afford to get Nooblet something. We're very, very happy and grateful to get all the help we can, but we know that a lot of folks aren't swimming in cash anymore than we are.
Target - You can find our listing by searching for my name or Wes' in their Baby Registry section. Not sure of the full spellings or something? Email me.
Babies 'R' Us - I've heard this one can be hard to look up online, so it may be easiest to search for it by the number rather than our names. The registry number is 46878002.
Amazon.com - It can be found by searching for my name definitely and possibly for Wes' name as well in their Baby Registry section.
Etsy.com - They don't go registries, but luckily BabyList does, so I've put up all our Etsy faves there so that you can not only buy the stuff, you can see what's already been purchased! Problem solved. Also adding ThinkGeek goodies here just to keep it centralized.