Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
I honestly thought I'd be happy to be going back to work, tired of sitting around the house, ready for adult companionship. I'm a modern, strong, independent chick, right?
Um, maybe not so much.
Because, see, if I had the chance at all, I'd be staying home with Pike instead. I have a job I love, co-workers that I seriously adore... and I'd still stay home with my baby. I think he'll do great at the home care place we've selected. The lady who runs it is awesome, there aren't a lot of kiddos there, and we already did a meet 'n' greet and she thought Pike was adorable. He'll be fine. Thing is? I'm gonna be a mess. I don't want to be away from him. I don't want to miss him smiling when he wakes up from his nap and cooing and giggling when somebody makes a funny face at him. I don't want to miss him learning and growing and changing and just seeing him for a few hours at the end of the day - if that.
So I think Pike will be great. I think he'll be fine, he'll adjust. I'm just really worrying about whether I will.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
- Pike got to meet his great grandma last week. As you can see, he was in an excellent mood for it.
- My baby boy has officially grown out of his newborn clothes. OMG.
- Pike is grinning (as you can also see) sometimes, and he's on the verge, I think, of figuring out how to laugh.
- His head holding up is coming along. We're pretty sure he'll be getting steady with it in another couple weeks. Heaven knows he enjoys bopping his head around and looking at things. We just can't figure out what he's looking at most of the time.
- Several times in the past week, he's slept from 4-6 hours at the start of the night with a shorter nap following that. Let me tell you, it's bliss.
- He's making more and more sounds all the time. He's got a few non-verbal vocal sounds that are his favorites. Check out some of the videos of him I've put on YouTube if you want to hear more. Slowly but surely he's learning he doesn't necessarily have to cry to get attention but can "talk" to us instead - though crying is apparently still more fun most of the time.
- His hair color seems to be shifting a little. It's got a faint auburn touch to it rather than being simply brown. Super cute. I hope my baby is part ginger.
- He's articulating the connection between his hand and mouth better. He can't suck his thumb well yet, but he's getting his fingers and fist up there more often when he wants to.
- He's started fighting sleep/naps sometimes because he's becoming more aware of and interested in his environment and people. Which is not fun for us at times, but is still cool.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Yeah, okay, so this is a couple of weeks late. But I just remembered, okay! This Halloween was Pike's first. We talked in circles about what to do costume wise, but Wes really fell in love with pirates. It turned out to be the absolute perfect idea.