Thursday, December 1, 2011

Partners in Crime

I was thinking this morning that I'm very lucky. I'm not alone in this. I have someone who I can pass Pike to in the morning for a few minutes so I can toast some Eggos or make myself a cup of coffee. When I'm dead tired and just HAVE to sleep another five minutes on the weekend, Wes is there and willing to get up with Pike and give him a bottle so I can drift off again for awhile.

I don't know if I could be a mommy all on my own. It's what my mom did with my sister and for most of my life, and I have no idea whether I could. I'd make do if I had to, of course. How much Pike means to me is kind of shocking whenever I think about it, but at least part of what I love about having my son is having our family. I love watching Wes cuddling with him, watch them playing together.

I love the idea that Pike has a daddy who really cares about him. Wes wants to make his life good and wants to make sure he's happy and healthy and growing and learning. So I guess I'm not the only one who's lucky. I have an amazing husband who also happens to be an amazing daddy, and that makes all three of us pretty dang lucky.

1 comment: