Since we last spoke, Pike has been busy. The big thing is that he attended All-Con Dallas, which was his first multi-day convention. Despite getting an upset stomach and puking one night (on daddy instead of mommy for the first time ever), he did great and seemed to have a good time. As always, by the end of the con we ALL wanted a nap.
Note: Obviously I didn't finish this before its scheduled posting time. That's what being a mom does to you. Learn and adjust your expectations accordingly.
- Pike has developed a fondness for Studio Ghibli movies, My Neighbor Totoro being his current favorite. He also adores Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.
- Last night Pike pronounced that he wanted a little sister. He has agreed that he would tickle her, hug her, and not tease her. That said? I'm not knocked up. Seriously, I'm not.
- Pike has a fear of the dark that comes and goes. Probably depending on whether he feels it will get mommy or daddy into his room for a few more minutes. On that note, he has finally learned to use delay tactics to get out of bedtime. He wants another hug or his music turned on or... you fill in the blanks.
- He's in need of a haircut again. It bugs him when his hair falls in his eyes - just like mommy!
- In the realm of things that are slightly less awesome, he had his first incident of drawing on the walls. Thankfully it was with sidewalk chalk on the back door, so it came off easily. We redirected to his chalkboard, and so far so good.
- His favorite part of Wes and I having birthdays in January was, I think, the cake - and more than that, the presentation of said cake with "fire" on it. He gleefully informed us, "That's fire!" as he helped Wes carry the cupcakes out to me on my birthday. Now candles or anything else in that vein are proclaimed, "Fire!" and he will inform us that it is hot very solemnly.