- He can lift his head, neck and shoulders up... when he wants to. He's getting stronger all the time. He's also able to keep his head up with minimal support for short periods of time.
- He is fascinated by staring at lights: the window, the night light, etc.
- He's not sleeping well at night at the moment. Apparently he's in a phase of wanting to stay up with mommy and daddy instead - or sleep on top of them. Not restful for us.
- Some of the jammies that were too big before now fit properly. His little footsies actually go down into the feet as is appropriate.
- Pike is now 8 pounds 9 ounces - in other words, double his birth weight. While in most things on a chart he's beneath the 5% mark, his head is at 25% in circumference. He has a huge melon and big ol' feet.
- When we're out of newborn diapers, he'll officially be in size 1. His booty is getting bigger too.
- He's starting to be more interested in pacifiers, possibly because he's able to hold onto them better than before instead of them just falling right out of his little mouth.
- This goes without saying, especially if you can see the pictures here, but he's freaking adorable. Just had to throw that in there.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- SIDS be damned, Pike is a side sleeper. Which, actually, his pediatrician says is fine. Thankfully. Cuz if you put him on his back, he WILL roll onto his side immediately.
- He has acid reflux and has to take zantac. Weird, right? But it does help. Unfortunately for him, it apparently also tastes like goat pee judging from the faces he makes when we give it to him.
- Pike is apparently ticklish. Sometimes he gets all squirmy and almost smiley when we tickle his tummy or feet. Same goes for when the puppies lick the same locations.
- This is more a puppy observation than a Pike observation. We've been surprised to find that Otis is the most paternal of the puppies, watching over Pike and being uncharacteristically sweet and gentle with him. Sophie gets super concerned whenever Pike cries and is finally bold enough to lick him a little and let him touch her. Fang is the least interested in Pike of all - the exact opposite of what we'd anticipated. Of course, given how bonded he is with Wes, I think he's just feeling the pinch of losing out on his own daddy time.
- He's doing well lifting his head already when we do tummy time. Not for long stretches yet, but if he wants to see something on the other side of him, he by god gets it up and over. He's also good about scootching along if you put your hand against his feet for him to brace against.
- Socks and mittens are pointless. They last thirty seconds if we're lucky. So we have to deal with a lot of nail filing to prevent a scratchy face and trying to keep him covered to prevent icy fingers. At night it's all about footie pajamas. Those are a lifesafer.
- He hates having his clothes changed. Seriously. He screams the whole time. But as soon as the clothes are on? BAM! Fine.
- He has sized up from premie to newborn diapers (feel free to get us more! lol), and has done the same in clothing, although some newborn stuff is actually still a bit loose.
- Pike's hair is roughly the same as mine and my sister's were at his age - a sort of dark blond. He did inherit a pretty red cast to it from his daddy, though, which is awesome. So far it looks like he'll have Wes' pretty blue eyes. Also awesome.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
I haven't had the time or inspiration to write, but I still wanted to share a little cuteness with you all. Pike is doing great and getting more active and alert all the time. I swear I'll get a real blog up soon but I hope this tides you over until then!