Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wait... me?


Crazy mama, originally uploaded by Fran Añón.

Understanding that I'm pregnant and will before long be popping out a baby comes and goes. I'm at a point where physically it's hard to ignore. I'm leaning toward the huge side of big, I've got a little swelling here and there, and Nooblet's a wiggly little bastard.

But that's an academic understanding in a way. That's me getting that Symptom A will lead to Cause B. It's the moments where I actually comprehend that I'm going to HAVE A BABY that are the "whoah" moments. Hubby and I are not only going to have a baby, we're going to be parents. In another thirteen or fourteen years, we'll have ourselves a moody teenager who will feel painfully misunderstood and want to borrow the car or whatever.

WHOAH.

I suppose it's even stranger because I'm me. I know me. Once upon a time, I never thought I'd ever want to have children, so the idea of how our whole lives are going to change now is both exciting and terrifying. We're both ready for the changes and looking forward to them, but that doesn't make it any less weird.

Anybody else periodically forget and remember that they are not only facing the birthing process but, even bigger, the parenting process?

No comments:

Post a Comment